As a first generation American, and one of the first recipients of an academic scholarship through Oliver Scholars in NYC, I have always believed in the importance of education, which is why I have dedicated a significant amount of time the past 10 years working with the media to better inform the public, while volunteering as a guest lecturer at some of the top schools in the DC area, including Georgetown University Law, The George Washington University Law School, and Howard University Law School. As an alumna of Phillips Academy Andover, Georgetown University and the GW Law School, I am committed to excellence while providing clients with legal services at a reasonable price-point. Together with my clients, I strive to develop a legal strategy that works within their budgets tailored to meet their needs regarding either a separation, divorce, custody dispute, prenuptial or postnuptial agreement. Utilizing alternate dispute resolution methods, I try to minimize the costs of litigating issues such as child support, alimony, custody and/or property division.
Regina is an alumna of Georgetown University’s SFS and George Washington University Law School, who has been helping families in the DC Area the past 20 years with family law issues. Since 2007, she has served as an ADR facilitator for both DC Superior Court and Montgomery County Circuit Court. She has also practiced Collaborative Divorce for over a decade, and was formerly the President of Collaborative Divorce Association in Maryland. For two years, she hosted a tv show on MMCTV to help families tackle major issues. In 2012, she was a legal commentator for Sirius XM, and in July 2013 she appeared on Good Morning America. She has been featured in the Washington Post, as well as Bethesda Magazine, and is frequently quoted in the media as an expert in family law, who promotes ADR in order to preserve as much family wealth and goodwill as possible.
Regina was one of the first recipients of an academic scholarship from Oliver Scholars in NYC. As an Oliver Scholar, she was able to attend Phillips Academy Andover, in Massachussetts which was founded in 1778 and is the oldest incorporated boarding school in the U.S. Upon graduation from this boarding school, Regina moved to the DC Area to attend Georgetown University’s SFS and later GWU Law School.
- Phillips Academy Andover, H.S. 1990
- Georgetown University SFS, B.S. 1994
- GWU Law School, JD 1998
- Mediation and Collaborative Divorce training completed 2006
- Child Advocacy training completed in MD 2011
Memberships & Associations
- D.C. Bar [ Member since 1999 | Family Law Steering Committee Member, 2005-2008 ] The D.C. Bar has over 100,000 members. Its mission is to enhance access to justice. Improve the legal system. Empower lawyers to achieve. These three pillars have remained the foundation of the D.C. Bar’s mission since its creation by the District of Columbia Court of Appeals in 1972.
- MD Bar [ Member Since 1998 ] Regina DeMeo has been a member in good standing with the MD Bar since being admitted in 1998.
- Bar Association of Montgomery County [ Member Since 2006 ] The Bar Association of Montgomery County, MD, founded in 1894, has truly grown along with its community. The Bench and Bar often meet and host community outreach programs as well as educational seminars for lawyers wishing to pursue continuing education to enhance their skills.
- Andover Alumni Council [ Member, 2018-2022 ] I am an elected member of the Alumni Council for Andover, which has approximately 25,000 living alumni worldwide. There are approximately 110 current members of Alumni Council, and I am now serving in the Class Secretaries Committee after previously being the Class Secretary for over a decade for my graduating class. Read the Alumni Council’s mission.
- Women Business Owners in Montgomery County
Since 1980, Women Business Owners of Montgomery County has been an organization dedicated to providing support to the professional business woman.
- Collaborative Divorce Association [ President, 2009-2011 ] CDA is an interdisciplinary group of professionals serving people going through separation and divorce. CDA’s mission is to promote Collaborative Practice in the DC Area by conducting public outreach, maintaining high standards of professional competence, providing quality services to our clients, and supporting our members and the overall Collaborative community.
- International Academy of Collaborative Professionals [ Member, 2008-2012 ] IACP is the International Academy of Collaborative Professionals, an international community of legal, mental health and financial professionals working in concert to create client-centered processes for resolving conflict.
- Women’s Bar Association of the District of Columbia [ Secretary, 2003-2004 | Solo & Small Practice Committee Chair, 2001-2003 ] Founded in 1917, the Women’s Bar Association is one of the oldest and largest voluntary bar associations in metropolitan Washington, DC. Its mission is to maintain the honor and integrity of the profession; promote the administration of justice; advance and protect the interests of women lawyers; promote their mutual improvement; and encourage a spirit of friendship among our members.
Awards & Accolades
- 2009 MD Super Lawyers Rising Stars
- 2010 MD Super Lawyers Rising Stars
- 2011 MD Super Lawyers Rising Stars
- 2012 MD Super Lawyers Rising Stars
- 2013 MD Super Lawyers
- 2014 MD Super Lawyers
- 2015 MD Super Lawyers
- 2016 MD Super Lawyers
- 2017 MD Super Lawyers
- 2018 MD Super Lawyers
- 2019 MD Super Lawyers
Let Me Help You!
I am committed to providing stellar legal services at a reasonable price-point. Together with my clients, I strive to develop a legal strategy that works within their budgets tailored to meet their needs regarding a either a prenup or postnup, or separation/divorce cases involving child support, alimony, custody and/or property division. Flat-fee prenups and separation agreements are available upon request.
Office: 4800 Hampden Lane, suite 200, Bethesda, MD